Book an Appointment
Appointment Hours

Monday - Saturday : 10:00 am – 12:00 am | 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Make An Appointment +91 9818631324

MYASTHENIA GRAVIS AND THYMECTOMY

Thymectomy Surgeon

The objective of a thymectomy is to confiscate the source of uncharacteristic antibody production instigating the disease thus resulting in resolution of symptoms. The advantages of thymectomy are not comprehended straightaway after operation; therefore patients will continue with their medical routine after the process with the objective of deterring those medicines over time. Individual reaction to thymectomy differs depending on the patient’s age, reaction to prior medical therapy, the severity of the ailment and for how long the patient has suffered myasthenia gravis. In general, 70% of patients have whole remission or substantial reduction in medicine needs within a year of the surgery. The other 30% of patients who have thymectomy experience no transformation in their symptoms. Patients who have thymectomy are two times more prone to experience remission as those who have medical treatment unaccompanied via a good thymectomy surgeon in Delhi.

Are you a good candidate?

·         Thymectomy is suggested for all patients with thymomas and for patients below 60 years who have mild to moderate muscle feebleness because of myasthenia gravis.

·         Thymectomy usually is not used for treating patients with myasthenia gravis that mars only their eyes.

·         Thymectomy seems to be most effective when it is implemented six to 6-12 months after the commencement of symptoms.

·         It is imperative to speak to your doctor early in your diagnosis about thymectomy as a choice for treatment.

Your neurologist and thymectomy surgeon in Delhi will guide you in making a decision about the kind of thymectomy you should undergo. Your surgeon will make a suggestion centered on whether a thymoma is there and other elements linked to your history and anatomy. There presently is no scientific substantiation that proves one kind of thymectomy is superior to the other in terms of results. To make the paramount decision for yourself, you should be knowledgeable about the diverse categories of thymectomy and talk to your surgeon.

 




® Copyright 2017 Dr. Pramoj Jindal All Right Reserved