- Antiperspirants (Aluminium chloride)
- Can be quite effective in small subset of patients.
- This treatment is much more effective in axillary (armpit) hyperhidrosis.
- Long term use though can cause irritation /soreness also.
- Iontophoresis (no-sweat machine)
- Hands are immersed in water, therafter a device send low-voltage current through that water. The electric current shuts down the treated sweat glands
- Usually a treatment session takes 20 to 40 mins, might need 6 to 10 sessions.
- Might need to continue on a regular basis for effective maintenance.
- Dry skin
- Irritated skin
- Discomfort during treatment.
Botulinum (Botox) injection
- The botulinum injection temporarily blocks a chemical receptor in the body that stimulates the sweat glands. Results are visible after 4 to 5 days.
- Reduced sweating lasts about 4 to 6 months. The injections can be repeated.
- Repetition after every 4 to 6 months
- Temporary muscle weakness