- Surgery is the mainstay treatment for thymus cancers.
- Thymectomy is the most common surgery for thymus tumors. It is complete removal of the thymus (including any tumor).
- Thymectomy can be done either by VATS/Open/Robotic. This depends upon the type of disease and the expertise available.
We also might have to remove any areas of tumor spread outside of the thymus. This could mean removing parts of the pleura, pericardium, nerves, the superior vena cava, and/or lung.
Radiation therapy can be used:
- For nearly all stage III and IV thymomas
- Most thymiccarcinomas
- Some patients who can’t have surgery are treated with radiation therapy alone (although this is not as effective as surgery).
Radiation therapy is the use of high-energy radiation in the form of x-rays or radioactive particles to kill cancer cells.
In advanced disease, radiation therapy can be used to help ease (palliate) symptoms from the cancer such as shortness of breath, pain, bleeding, or trouble swallowing.
Several chemo drugs may be used in the treatment ofthymomas and thymic carcinomas, but aren’t curative.
Thymic carcinomas are more likely to grow and spread quickly than thymomas and often require more aggressive treatment.
- Thymoma and thymic carcinoma are syndromes in which malignant (cancer) cells form on the external surface of the thymus.
- Thymoma is related with myasthenia gravis and other autoimmune sicknesses.
- Signs and symptoms of thymoma and thymic carcinoma consist of a cough and chest pain.
- Tests that inspect the thymus are used to identify thymoma or thymic carcinoma.
- Thymoma and thymic carcinoma are generally diagnosed, staged and treated during surgical thymus treatment in Delhi.
- Certain elements affect prognosis (probability of recovery) and treatment choices.
Thymoma and thymic carcinoma are sicknesses in which malevolent (cancer) cells form on the outside surface of the thymus. There are diverse categories of tumors of the thymus. Thymomas and thymic carcinomas are sporadic tumors of the cells that are on the external surface of the thymus. The tumor cells in a thymoma look alike to the usual cells of the thymus, grow sluggishly and seldom spread beyond the thymus. Certain factors affect prognosis (likelihood of recovery) and treatment alternatives. The probabilities of recovery and treatment choices depend on the following:
- The phase of the cancer.
- The kind of cancer cell.
- Whether the tumor can be removed totally by surgery.
- The patient’s general health.
- Whether the cancer has just been identified or has reappeared as diagnosed by the best robotic surgeon for thymoma cancer Delhi.
Can Lung Cancer Be Treated Successfully?
Did you know lung cancer is the most common type and ranks fourth in terms of overall mortality rates? Prediction
What Type of Surgery is Robotic Surgery?
Have you ever had to decide between robotic and manual surgery? Are you concerned about which choice appears to be
How Long Does Empyema Surgery Take?
Empyema is a fluid or pus infection that spreads across the pleural space of the lungs. Pneumonia is the most
Is there Surgery for Myasthenia Gravis?
Myasthenia Gravis (MG) is a medical term derived from the Greek and Latin, which means ‘grave muscular weakness. The prominent